W6 - LAURENTIANS, Quebec
3 – Day Bus Trip
Press on the "Register" button, "Join waitlist" button, or contact the trip leader to check for space.
NEW for this year:
o Application form will be completed on-line.
- o After you have registered and paid the $100 non-refundable deposit, the Trip Leader will advise you by email to login and complete the registration and final payment process. Final payment must be completed within 48 hours after receiving the email to hold your seat and avoid forfeiting your deposit.
· Enjoy 3 days of magnificent cross country skiing in the Laurentians
· 3 nights accommodation double occupancy
· 1 après event – wine and cheese provided on the Saturday after skiing.
· 3 American breakfasts
· 2 four course dinners
· Round trip transportation to Hotel Le Chantecler via luxury coach
· Please consider taking one or two lessons with the club on a day trip prior to this trip if you are new x-country skier or have not skied in a long time.
Suitable for all levels of X-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
Family Day Weekend
Friday, February 16 to Monday, February 19, 2018
- C$ Cost per person (incl. Taxes, tips; insurance is extra):
* Base trip includes $100 non-refundable deposit
** Single room availability will be confirmed by the trip leader after payment is made.
- Base trip and lessons
- X-Country trail fees are not included.
- ONLINE registration opens: Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM.
The Laurentians offer some of the best cross-country and snowshoeing trails in Quebec. X-country skiers will find “Corridor Aerobique” in Morin Heights, (15 minutes away by luxury bus) a great skiing experience with 60 km of track set trails and 90 km of back- country trails. Beginners and experts alike will discover suitable trails for both classic and skating techniques. Snowshoers will have an extensive network of 15 km of trails maintained by Municipality of Morin Heights.
We will also ski the trails of Far Hills /Val Morin and Val David (20 minutes away) have 63 km of trails (12 for skating.) The trails connect with P’tit Train du Nord linear park. There are also several backcountry trails one of which was blazed by the legendary Jackrabbit Johannsen.
On the Monday, we will ski or snowshoe the trails at the resort. Approximately 15 to 20 km of trails. There is a trail that joins to the P’tit Train du Nord but it appears it may be a skier tracked trail so if conditions are not good, you may not be able to get there. There is always the option of getting a cab to take you to the trails if you wish to ski the P’tit Train du Nord again on the Monday.
As well, there is ice skating available on the lake at the resort so bring your skates. Skate rentals are available at the resort.
The rooms include a Keurig Coffee maker and WiFi. The rooms do not have fridges so you may wish to bring a small cooler for drinks and for any lunch fixing you may want. There are restaurants close to the trails in the town of Morin Heights and should be some locations along the trails in Val Morin and Val David. However, you may want some snacks (energy bars, trail mix and water) to take along with you.
You may wish to have a more leisurely day – skate, ski or snowshoe in the morning at the hotel and use the pool, whirlpool and sauna in the afternoon. The hotel also has a fitness room.
This weekend trip is meant to be a pure X-country trip, however, if you wish to do a day of downhill skiing or if your partner is not a XC-skier or snowshoer, there is downhill skiing near the resort. Lift fees and rentals would be an additional cost. Horseback riding, dog sledding and snowmobiling are also available if reservations are made ahead of time. http://www.lechantecler.com/activities/winter-activities.htm
This trip sells out quickly, so book early to avoid disappointment!
Ski Lessons & guided snowshoeing:
· Nordic ski instruction on Saturday and Sunday (no instruction on Monday)
· We suggest that you take one or two lessons with the club on a day trip prior to this trip if you are new x-country skier or have not skied in a long time. Lessons will be focused on trail skiing and will be at the beginner or bronze level due to limited number of instructors on the trip.
· Guided Snowshoeing on Saturday at Morin Heights (Corridor Aerobique trails)
· Ice skating (on the lake), snow shoeing and x-country skiing is available at the resort.
X-country and snowshoe trail fees (not included in the trip price):
· Morin Heights is $14 per day https://www.laurentides.com/en/members/reseau-de-ski-de-fond-de-morin-heights-et-corridor-aerobique
Ski Map of Trail maps at Morin Heights: http://www.morinheights.com/IMG/pdf/carte_des_pistes_de_ski_2017_finale.pdf
· Val Morin and Petit Train du Nord are $12 per day - ($10 with a CAA card –so don’t forget to bring your card). https://www.laurentides.com/en/linear-park/winter-activities
· XC snow shoe trail fees are complimentary at the hotel.
Map of ski trails: http://pleinairsteadele.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Carte-piste-ski-secteur-ouest.pdf
Map of snowshoe trails: http://pleinairsteadele.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Raquette-secteur-Chantecler-2015-16.pdf
· Optional downhill skiing: day ticket (6-59 years old) $25 + tax (hotel guests only) http://www.skichantecler.com/en/
· Here is a website for town of St. Adele activities (in French): http://pleinairsteadele.com/cartes/
Rental fees at Hotel Le Chantecler:
· Ice skating $10
· Snowshoes $15
· XC skis $20
All trail and rental fees are subject to change by the resorts. If you are planning on renting snowshoes or XC skis for the entire 3 days, it might be a better option to rent in Toronto as you will likely not be able to take hotel rentals offsite and rentals may not be easily accessible or available at Morin Heights or Petit Train du Nord trails.
Resort Accommodation and Dining:
Hotel Le Chantecler, Sainte Adele, Quebec
Bus Departure Time:
· 2:00 pm from Yonge & York Mills Rd, subway entrance N/E corner, and at 2:30pm from Scarborough with paid parking. Trip Leader will send the maps.
· We will depart from the hotel at 3:00pm on Monday February 19, 2018.
- Transportation to the resorts and home will be by HPSC luxury coach.
Optional Travel Insurance:
- For overnight bus trips, members are responsible for arranging their own trip cancellation insurance and medical insurance. Insurance can be purchased from a number of Toronto sources. Some credit cards also provide coverage but check carefully to see what coverage your Card actually provides. All insurance claims must be made by the member to their own insurance company.
- See also the webpage re trip cancellation. The link is as below. Or, go to Long Trips > ON Bus Trips > Trip Cancellation.
Review HPSC Long Trip Member Policies & Cancellation Policy
Hotel Le Chantecler, Sainte Adele, Quebec
All applicable fuel surcharges and taxes in effect as of August 2017 have been included in the package price. However in these volatile times HPSC reserves the right to charge for currently unanticipated increases in the cost of fuel and taxes subsequently imposed by the resort or coach company.